Intro to Wood Carving with Boris Khechoyan (5/18/13 – 5/19/13)
This class is designed to be an introduction to basic wood carving of Shells, Scrolls and Rosettes. This class will be perfect for any woodworker who wants to take their art to the next level. With a creative mixture of lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on experience, you will:
• Learn the anatomy of wood and how this knowledge will guide your decisions as you begin to create your work of art.
• Learn the various tools and woods available and how each has their purpose.
• Learn to make mistakes on paper before transferring those ideas into wood.
• Be introduced to the design process and ways to embellish your artwork as well as giving it the character that is specific to your style and design.
• Learn the basic techniques of perspective, proportions, and symmetry before starting their project.
Every project begins with an understanding of how to visualize the finished work and thinking in 3-dimensions.
The student that completes this 2-day class will come away with a beautifully handcrafted work of art by their own hands under the guidance of a world renowned master woodcarver, Boris Khechoyan.